DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
ADMIE (IPTO) Holding holds a 51% stake in the Independent Power Transmission Operator S.A. (IPTO or ADMIE) and it supervises and acts for the benefit of its shareholders by assuring the proper execution of ADMIE’s responsibilities. ADMIE in its capacity as Operator of the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System performs all duties stipulated in Article 94 of Law 4001/2011.
These duties are the following:
- Ensuring the long term ability of the System to meet reasonable demand for electricity transmission in a financially and environmentally sustainable manner.
- Granting access to the System to all electricity generation and supply permit holders as well as to those parties which have been legally exempted from permit holding obligations and to High Voltage consumers.
- Allowing the connection of the Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network to the System in compliance with the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System Operation Code.
- Managing electricity flows on the System, taking into account exchanges with other interconnected systems.
- Ensuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the System as well as the availability of necessary ancillary services including those provided by demand response, insofar as such availability is independent from any other transmission system.
- Preparing the dispatch schedule for generation plant connected to the System, determination of interconnections usage and performance of real-time dispatching of available generation plant.
- Providing other system and network operators, with which the System is interconnected, with all information pertinent to safe and efficient operation as well as to the coordinated development and interoperability of the System with aforementioned systems and networks.
- Providing System Users with all necessary information to ensure their effective access to the System.
- Provision of all services under transparent, objective and non-discriminatory criteria so as to avoid any discrimination among Users or User categories, especially with regard to entities affiliated with ADMIE.
- Collection of System access charges and conduct of all relevant transactions under the inter-transmission system operator compensation mechanism, in compliance with Article 13 of Regulation (EC) No. 714/2009.
- Granting and managing third party access to the System and giving reasoned explanations when such access is denied.
- Participation in unions, organizations or other entities with the purpose of developing common action rules which are conducive to the creation of a unified internal electricity market, within the auspices of European Community law, and especially to the allocation and provision of electricity transmission rights via the corresponding interconnections as well as to the management of such rights on behalf of the aforementioned operators and especially in the European Network of Electricity Transmission System Operators (ENTSO-E).
- Preparing on an annual basis, upon prior consultation with all current and potential System Users, of the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System Ten Year Development Plan.
- Maintaining of necessary ledger accounts pertaining to the collection of interconnection congestion charges or any other charges relevant to the operation of the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System.
- Posting on ADMIE’s website, of all RAE approved amounts charged to System Users.
- Calculating the ex-post System Marginal Price (SMP).
- Clearing of generation-demand imbalances and conduct of all relevant transactions for the settlement of said imbalances in cooperation with the Market Operator and the Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator.
- Entering, subject to a relevant tender process, into electricity trading agreements, including agreements for demand management insofar as this is required for the provision of ancillary services with the purpose of generation-demand imbalance settlement during real-time system operation and in compliance with the Hellenic Electricity Transmission System Operation Code.
- Cooperation with the Market Operator according to the stipulations of the Market Operation and Hellenic Electricity Transmission System Codes.
- Provision of technical consulting services on issues pertaining to ADMIE’s duties, to Transmission System Operators or Owners on a fee and participation in research programmes as well as in programmes funded by the European Union, insofar as such activities do not hinder the appropriate execution of ADMIE’s duties.